Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Post card from Linda Miles to Ellen, and V-Mail letter from Leon to Ellen


Post marked March 29, 1978
Hi!
New Address: 106 Ensley Ave. Old Hickory, Tn 37138.  Wish you would come visit.  Love to see you.  Jason really getting big.
Write when you have a chance.  Lord bless, 
Love,
Linda

Post marked May 23, 1944

May 16, 1944
Dear Ellen:
I received your letter of the 5th today.  I have received all your letters so far.  Thanks a lot for telling me the news from the news letter.  I feel sorry for Sam in a way if he is drafted but I know that it would put some life into him.  I feel more sorry for his poor wife who will be left to care for the five kids.  I am glad to hear that finally Elton is really working hard.  I got a letter from Eldora yesterday saying that our Gloria is very sick with the whooping cough.  I am practally sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear that she is better.  I would sure feel terrible if I should lose her now.  Your typed V-letters are very good except your writing in the red part at the bottom of the page and I can't see what it is.  Try to avoid it from now on.  If you can write more to me use air-mail.  It is quicker anyhow.  I use it for all my letters to Eldora.  Write whenever you can. Your loving Brother, 
Leon


No comments:

Post a Comment