Friday, August 14, 2015

Letter from Rozel to Carroll in the Hospital

So. Main St.
St. Johnsbury, Vt.
Aug. 17, 1939
My dearest Carroll,
Have received your letters but no word from the Dr. yet although I expect it this morning.  However I have been trying to find a way to come for you.  Edward and Ernie are back working so are unable to come and Hrold has said he can come for you Sabbath or Sunday and if it rains he can come before.  I am quite dependent on the Johnsons and they have been down nearly every day to see if there was any thing I needed and have brought my groceries.  I won't plan to come with Harold  for it will be too long a trip for the baby.  I am so anxious to see you, dear, and have you

home with us again.  however we will just have to e patient and wait on the Lord for he knows best and will work everything out to our own good.  If anything happens that I get a chance to come sooner you may be sure I'll be there as fast as a car can take me.  I enjoyed your letter and poem so much dear and can hardly wait to have you  home.  If the Dr. only knew how anxious I am he certainly would have telegraphed, for Harold could have come for you yesterday.  After the mail came yesterday morning and no letter I walked up to the post office, and pushed the two babies in the carriage, hoping a letter had come in the meantime but no luck and it was the same after the mail

had been put up at three o'clock.
Harold took me up to spend the afternoon with Zelma.  She bought Lorna Jeanie a doll carriage for her birthday Sabbath, also a baby book for Carol Ann.
I got a letter from Eva yesterday and she sent two pictures of Lorna that Daisy took the day we left the farm.
It is nearly time for the mailman honey and I want this to go.  i wanted you to know definitely that Harold will come either Sabbath or Sunday and if anything happens maybe sooner.  It can't be too soon, to suit me.  We love you so much and miss you so dear but it won't be long now although the hours drag so when you are waiting.
Lots of love and kisses,
Rosie and Babies
P.S. I would have had Harold come Wednesday but I was afraid they might not let you come until I got the Drs. letter.  I didn't want the trip to be useless.  it would be that much harder.  I will send your glasses down by Harold so you will have them to wear home.



No comments:

Post a Comment