Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Unknown Carroll Miles photo's

This is an unknown old photo from Carroll's things.  I think it's very cool even if I never know who the man is.

Unknown.



On the back of both of these photo's is the name, "Thesba Yeaton (Johnson)".  When I looked in Carroll's birthday book (yes he kept a little tiny book with all the peoples names written in on the days they were born, some way back in the mid 1800's) I found Thesba Yeaton written in with the year 1918 beside it.  I looked up her name and birthday and found a census from 1930 that lists her as a daughter in a household of Yeaton's.  And there's two boarder's listed in the house, one is Mildred C. Miles, age 26.  I now know the Mildred C. Miles is the child of Etta Brooks who is an Aunt to Earl Herbert Miles (unsure of which side of the family she is an aunt on yet)  However, the man in the photo looks like Carroll and also has the resemblance of my father, Carroll's son, Leon.  I would assume the date of this photo would be around 1938-1943 (assuming the girl is 20 - 25).  Carroll was separated/divorced from Grace and married his second wife in 1936.  so... maybe he dated this girl first??

This photo is labeled, "Mrs. Rayman".  Nothing else is known.

Unknown woman from Carroll Miles' collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment