Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Unknown family, Irwin Clark

So... on the back of this photo in handwriting that looks like Carroll Miles' there are two names.  "Irwin Clark" is written on the bottom.  And along the upper left corner, "Carroll".  The print on the bottom of the photo is the name and address of the photo studio in Manchester, N.H.  I have nothing in my ancestry.com family history on any Clark's.  However, I am assuming that this family was from Manchester and that it was taken in the early 1900's because of the photo style, etc.  I have found in the 1940 census a Leon I. Clark that lived on a farm of his brother's in Manchester, N.H.  He was 24 in 1940.  His wife's name was Margaret (23) and 2 boys are listed in the census, Robert (2) and Ronald (infant...11mos?).  This all fits this photos'details (wife with 2 boys approx 2 years apart).  I have yet to find out how they are connected to Carroll Miles.  Possibly good friends in farming community?? But I find that unlikely since I would assume photo's were expensive back then.  This photo was in a file of Aunt Ellen's labeled Ancient Unknown. Ha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment